Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day One Down!

YEAH! I made it through the first day on Weight Watchers!! It wasn't so bad and not as hard as I thought. I just haven't had a chance to get to the store to stock up-so had to make due today. I was proud of myself when we had an ice cream party for our students who met their Accelerated Reader goal for the 6 wks, the only ice cream I ate was a smidgen left on the scoop when we finished. It helped that my friend did all the scooping this time, while I was busy calling the students, etc. Thanks for all the encouragement!

P.S. To update everyone on my cousin's husband, John who broke his arm last week-it was worse than doctors thought. His elbow was shattered, they were to do surgery Wed. and they found another fracture! He is in traction and has to have some radiation on it-something to do with the bone fragments! They really appreciate all prayers!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you made it through your first day and that was great on passing up the ice cream..see you are strong..now you just have to go shopping for those light snacks. I hope everything work out for your cousin's husband and I will keep him and his family in my prayer's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, ummm...I had fried fish, fried hushpuppies, fried potatoes and mayonnaise cole slaw last night from the fish fry at Church. Not to make you crave fried foods, but ya'll are doing so much better than me! lol Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job you are off to a good start...keep it up...for me week three was the hardest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it.....it all starts with a beginning!....Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete