Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sharing flowers

I've really missed blogging the last few weeks. Just too busy and exhausted to think what to write. I finally passed my 5% goal in WW!! Two weeks ago I lost 3 lbs and reached a total of 15 lbs lost!!! I was totally thrilled!! This past Wed. I was exactly the same (at least no gain)! I'm trying harder this week.
I thought I would share some photos of my flowers.








I love these old-fashioned flowers. I don't know the name of them-they're a type of lamb's ear, but not the broad leaf variety. As a child I called my grandmother's "velvet flowers" and it stuck
in our family. These are decendents from her plants. I love flowers that come back and don't need any help from me-just to love them!

Oh how sweet the smell! Magnolia grandiflora!! Southern sweetness at its best! Another of my most favorite flowers. I got married in May because these would be blooming! Our 24th anniversary is this Monday, May 18th. Like the magnolia, my Alan is sweetness at its best!
Love you sweetie!








4 comments:

  1. Awwww!! What a sweet post. Hope you have a great anniversary Monday. Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers! I LOVE this time of year! Congrats on your WW goal...that is wonderful! Keep up the great work! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you! May is a great month...I'm partial since my bday is today...we celebrate so many bday's this month which you saw on my blog not including all my cousins! I hope to post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue - thanks for stopping at my blog. Your flowers are beautiful. Congrats on your weight loss too. I've been doing The Biggest Loser at church and have lost 26 pounds.
    Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making your 5%! I am doing so bad and need a BIG push back in the right direction! I've been so stressed, so I've just been eating to cope! How stupid is that?!?! Your flowers are beautiful!! You need to come around here and help me with mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete