Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vacation Recap

Those of us fortunate enough to have a week off for Easter break are headed back to reality tomorrow morning-UGH! But, it's the countdown to June 9th and SUMMER! Actually, I did start to miss my students this weekend (crazy huh?). I should be cured by 8:30 tomorrow!

I really enjoyed the break though. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to by any means, but we got some things accomplished and I relaxed! Alan & I worked in the yard Monday moving hosta & creating some new beds. I planned what annuals & the colors I want in which beds, etc. After Monday's workout, Tuesday both of us were wiped out. We just enjoyed being home, sitting on the back porch (patio), watching & listening to the birds, and playing with Major.

Thursday we went to visit my relatives on my dad's side of the family in Supply, NC (between Wilmington & Myrtle Beach). We had a great short visit. We did some shopping. I spent some time at an antique store that's operated by a close family friend, & bought a milkglass cake stand. I always have to walk through like three times to see everything and see the neat way she's displayed stuff. She's really talented in that respect and she loves to reuse/repurpose stuff in different ways like I do. I always get tons of ideas from her.

We did make it to the beach for a little while Fri. afternoon, but the wind was so cold!!! My eyes were watering so much I could barely see. We walked for about 20 minutes and just had to leave. We had to come home yesterday, of course it was much warmer and not as windy, but that's the way it goes. Hopefully we'll get to spend more time down there this summer.

Well, it's getting late and I have to get up early and get my brain (and everything else) back in gear! So, goodnight! Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! Good luck getting your brain back this Monday morning! I have that trouble EVERY Monday morning...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time off....hope you still miss your kids Monday afternoon...LOL!!! It shouldn't take long for that one to wear off. Hope you have a great day back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Easter Break. We need to spend some time in our flower beds too!

    ReplyDelete